Friday, July 24, 2009

Outrageous Client Moments


I heard a funny story from a colleague the other day. He said he was setting up an open house and was ready to open when he remembered to turn on the basement light. To his shock, he glanced down the stairs and was greeted by a "swarm" of chickens! According to him, there were so many chickens that they were climbing on top of each other and vying for dominance like a pack of steroidal World Wrestlers. He immediately called the seller, who explained that there had been a fire on his brother's ranch in Ojai, so they had moved the chickens to the basement the previous evening. "I guess I should have mentioned that before you arrived" the seller mumbled. He then added sheepishly, "Maybe you shouldn't look in the back yard."

It occurred to me that I had experienced a few "Oops Moments" myself, and when I asked around the office, I heard some great tales. Here are a few things the client SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED...but didn't until it was too late:

"Did you see my son's snake - it's gone." (No, but I saw an agent running North on the freeway in her high heels.)

"I should have mentioned that the back step is loose." (Tell that to Mrs. Hinkle's hip, which is now lodged in her diaphragm.)

"Did I mention we got a new alarm?" (No...did I mention that the EMT guy was cute but those paddles on my chest were no picnic?)

I guess I should have told you the toilet has been overflowing. (And I guess I should have told you I was serving La Salsa burritos at the Open House...)

FOR MORE "OOPS MOMENTS" PLEASE CLICK HERE

No comments: